We will not always be able to use a PO Box, because they may be inconvenient due to their locations. Some areas do not have post offices, and you will have to drive long distances to find one. Luckily, we can find UPS mailboxes in many locations, and in many towns or cities.
Normally in the PO Boxes, you can only receive mail sent through the USPS. However, in the UPS mailboxes, you can receive mail from all companies such as FedEx, UPS, and 10 Roads Express, among many others.
What is a UPS mailbox?
This is a mailing address where you can receive mail from basically any company in the United States. They can be used as a work address.
They can also be used by individuals who do not want to give their home addresses for security reasons. In this way, online purchases can be made without any inconvenience.
You have 24/7 access to your UPS mailbox, which is undoubtedly a great advantage. In addition, you have a space designed for both companies and individuals to receive their mail in a comfortable way. The space will depend on the option you subscribe to.
How does it work and how do I get a UPS mailbox?
UPS mailboxes work like lockers in a post office and are very easy to use. When you receive mail, text notifications will be sent to you so you can pick it up as soon as possible. Additionally, these stores offer 24-hour access, unlike PO Boxes.
These mailboxes can help you avoid losing items or packages, especially those that end up arriving very late or if you are not at home. This allows you to achieve great convenience.
To get a UPS Mailbox, you simply go directly to a UPS store. And you must go to the store where you would like to receive your mail. Ask about the availability of mailboxes and the sizes available.
Not all UPS stores carry all sizes of mailboxes, so you will only be able to purchase the ones that are available at the store you go to.
Is the address you have a legal address?
Yes, UPS stores will give you a physical address, not a PO Box number. This address can be used both for your legal documents and for doing business without any inconvenience.
However, if you are going to use a business LLC or Corp, you will need to have a registered agent to accept the legal documents. If you are going to live in the same city where you do business, it will be very easy to use the UPS address as a legal address.
How much do UPS mailboxes cost?
Unfortunately, it is not so easy to know the cost of a UPS mailbox because there is no fixed price. The price can vary depending on the size, and we find small, medium, and large boxes.
Small or medium-sized PO Boxes can range in size from 1 to 3 normal PO Boxes, and can even be larger. However, they are also more expensive than having a PO Box, because the price ranges can be as follows:
- Small: the cost per month can be from $10 to $30.
- Medium: they can cost between $20 and $40 per month.
- Large: typically cost between $30 and $50 per month.
If you are going to receive little mail and it is for personal use, a small mailbox is always the best choice. For small businesses, a medium size mailbox can be a good option, but if you work with a lot of mail and packages, it is best to opt for a large one.
Some stores allow you to request a customized mailbox according to your needs. On the other hand, the location of the store will also directly influence the price you will end up paying. If you do not pay in a timely manner you will have a penalty that you will have to pay.
If you are going to use UPS mailboxes for a long time, you can save money by subscribing for 3, 6, or 12 months.
Benefits of having a UPS mailbox
There are many benefits of having this type of mailbox, among which we will find:
- Privacy: this is one of the main advantages especially if you buy online. This way, you will not give your address to a stranger on the Internet.
- Universal: UPS mailboxes will accept mail from all carriers allowing you to receive all types of mail.
- Mail Transfer: for an additional charge, you can have the package you receive forwarded to your address from the UPS office.
- Your business address will always remain the same: even if you move the office from the current location, you will be able to keep the correspondence address, which will avoid inconveniences.
- 24-hour access: you will have 24-hour access to your mailbox, without any inconvenience. You will receive a key to access the locker room and you will be able to enter whenever it is convenient for you.
- Package handling: UPS stores will help you receive packages even if they are large and sign for your deliveries, so you will never miss a delivery.
- Professional image: if you have a home-based business, with a UPS mailbox you will give a more professional image. This is because you can put a physical address on your website.
Although they have many advantages, UPS mailboxes also have some negative points. Among these are:
- State agencies and organizations do not accept these types of addresses.
- Each UPS Store is owned by an organization rather than the federal government. For this reason, you will not be able to change these mailboxes in case you are uncomfortable.
- If you move to another city you will not be able to continue using the same address, unless you subscribe to a mail transfer service. This will increase your costs.
- You do not have the possibility to have a virtual mailbox, because they will always be physical addresses.
- They have a higher cost than the USPS PO Boxes. If you are only going to receive mail through the USPS, it is best to stick with a PO Box.
Why is it good to have an address for your company?
One of the success factors for any business is the trust and professional image it shows to its customers. If you have a home-based business this can be a challenge, so it is always good to opt for a physical address that gives a more professional image in a street that is recognized.
This type of address can serve many purposes, such as:
- You will have a return address.
- It can be used for online marketing tools.
- You will be able to increase your local SEO in Google My Business thanks to a physical address.
- You will keep your personal email separate from your business email.
Are UPS mailboxes safe?
Yes, these are addresses that will allow you to receive all your mail safely. In addition, they have many advantages, and a professional level service that is managed by UPS which is one of the largest companies in the market in this regard.
You can receive both personal and business correspondence, in a comfortable way, and you will have access to it 24 hours a day. In addition, this allows you to receive correspondence from all companies without any limitations.
For years I have studied American finance regulations. All the information in this blog is sourced from official or contrasted sources from reliable sites.
Salesforce Certified SALES & SERVICE Cloud Consultant in February 2020, Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM-201), and Master degree in “Business Analytics & Big Data Strategy” with more than 13 years of experience in IT consulting.