Tax trainees works alongside experienced tax professionals to learn the required procedures needed for a career in the industry. A variety of trainee positions are offered, with many coming as apprenticeships, although graduate tax trainees are also common. A tax trainee typically starts out with basic duties and moves on to other, more complicated problems as they become more accomplished.
With help from the CIOT, we’ve compiled a list of what companies are looking for in a Tax Apprentice and a Graduate Tax Apprentice, so you know what to get on that application that will help you get your foot in the door!
- You will either be looking for an apprenticeship in tax or you will already be in a similar role currently within an accountancy practice or involved in a more mixed accounts and tax role, with a desire to specialise in tax.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to prepare and present accurate, effective, complete and easily understood pieces of work
- Strong PC skills and proficiency in Microsoft, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently and to deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and show willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily
Graduate Tax Trainee:
- Able to balance your workload with the pressures of studying for a professional qualification
- Assist clients with their tax compliance regulations, complete tax returns and computations and undertake research into complex tax enquiries
- Assist in providing tax advice on client portfolios and ad hoc assignments as they arise
- Carry out analysis and draft reports to communicate recommendations to clients
- To provide support on planning projects and research technical issues on advisory work such as asset/business sales, succession planning and non-residence issues.
- Reviewing clients’ business structures, operations and personal financial arrangements to deliver solutions for their financial goals and business needs
For years I have studied American finance regulations. All the information in this blog is sourced from official or contrasted sources from reliable sites.
Salesforce Certified SALES & SERVICE Cloud Consultant in February 2020, Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM-201), and Master degree in “Business Analytics & Big Data Strategy” with more than 13 years of experience in IT consulting.