We all know the world’s most famous music and video platform, but now because of our phones, we also know its sister: YouTube Premium. If you want to unsubscribe from this application, the steps to follow are simple and fast.
Steps to Follow to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription from your Smartphone
- Go to where you have docked the YouTube app from your cell phone or tablet
- Go to the top-right area where your account icon will appear
- A panel will appear, and one of the options will say “purchases and subscriptions”
- In the subscription area, click, and another segment will appear where it will say “Premium“
- Another panel will open, and you will be able to see the option “Deactivate“
- When you click on this option, another one will appear, telling you to continue with the procedure
- The app will give you the suggestion to explain why you are canceling your subscription. However, it is not mandatory to say why
- Finally, YouTube will ask you if you want to cancel the subscription permanently
Cancel YouTube Premium membership on the website
First, go to the official YouTube Premium website. Once inside, the icon that says “manage subscription” will appear. After that, another panel will appear where you can click on “Deactivate subscription.” At this point, it will ask you if you want to continue; select that option.
You can explain the reason why you are saying goodbye to the platform. If you do not want to do so, there will be an option that says, “I don’t want to explain”.
Click “next” and finally press the option that says “Yes, I want to cancel”.
Will YouTube Premium close instantly?
When you make your subscription on this platform and pay for your membership, it will indicate the cut-off date of the subscription. That same date will be the date of the final closure of your account if the cancellation procedure is performed.
Unless your subscription was made from an Apple device, in this case, you have the benefit of getting a refund of what you paid at the time of subscription.
Can I pause my YouTube Prime subscription?
If you do not wish to cancel your subscription, YouTube Prime gives you the option to pause it without an additional cost; this has a similar procedure to the cancellation:
- Go to the profile and look for the option to “manage your subscription” click there
- Next, another segment will open where you can select “Deactivate“
- Previously, the option to continue was selected, but this time it will be “Pause“
- The platform will display many months during which you will want to pause your subscription
It should be noted that if this action is performed, you will not be able to enjoy the services provided by the application. It will close at the moment of the subscription pause, and you will still be able to cancel it (if you wish) in the period you selected for the pause.
For years I have studied American finance regulations. All the information in this blog is sourced from official or contrasted sources from reliable sites.
Salesforce Certified SALES & SERVICE Cloud Consultant in February 2020, Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM-201), and Master degree in “Business Analytics & Big Data Strategy” with more than 13 years of experience in IT consulting.